Charlie Putt, the American singer and songwriter is one of the most popular singers globally. Having collaborated with tons of celebrated singers in his early career, he is well on his way to become the richest singer of all time.
He became a viral sensation after sharing his music on YouTube and went on to become the singer with the number one song on the USBillboard hot 100 chart.
Let’s learn more about him, his net worth, and relationship status
Charlie Putt: Early life, education, and more
Charlie Putt Jr was born in Rumson, New Jersey on December 2, 1991. His mother, Debra is a music teacher who is also a writer for HBO, writing commercials. His father Charles Otto Puth Sr, is a real estate agent and builder.
Charlie has two younger siblings, Mikaela and Stephen, who are twins. He is close to his siblings.
His mother is Jewish, while his father is Catholic. Thus, he comes from a very religious background.
- For early grades, he went to Holy Cross School in Rumson and Forrestdale Middle School. Afterward, he graduated from Rumson-fair Haven Regional High School in 2010.
- He also attended Manhattan School of Music Pre-College as a classical studies minor and jazz piano major.
- For his college, he went to Berklee College of Music, majoring in music production and engineering.
- His love for music began when his mother introduced him to classic music and taught him piano when he was only four.
- When he was 10, he started learning jazz, participating in a summer youth jazz ensemble for Count Basie Theatre’s Cool School.
- In sixth grade, he produced and recorded ‘Have a very Charlie Christmas’, making $600 in sales.
Charlie Putt: Early career, breakthrough and upcoming projects
- His musical career began in 2009 after starting his YouTube channel. Named ‘Charlie’s vlogs’, he posted acoustic covers and comedy videos.
- In 2010, he released a music video on YouTube, his first-ever song, ‘These are my sexy shades’.
- In 2011, having won an online video competition, Ellen DeGeneres confirmed having signed Emily Luther and Charlie Putt for her label known as eleveneleven.
- For some time, he performed on Ellen’s show and other events. In 2012, he left eleveneleven.
- In 2013, he released his second independent extended play on an online streaming platform. The name of this was ‘Ego.’
- In 2014, he released another single ‘L.U.V’ and co-wrote a song ‘Celebrate’ for the eighth studio album of Pitbull.
Breakthrough hit with ‘See you again’
- After signing with APG/Atlantic, he released his debut single ‘Marvin Gaye’ featuring Meghan Trainor, an American singer. This song broke multiple records in various countries. Prior to this song, the company deleted all his musical records. Thus, making this song his debut song.
- In the same year, he wrote, featured, and co-produced ‘See you again’, a tribute to the late Paul Walker with Wiz Khalifa. Again breaking multiple records, this song was also nominated for three Grammys, Golden Globes awards, and BBC music awards.
- He continued writing and collaborating with multiple singers throughout the coming tears.
- Debut album
- He released his debut album in January 2016. The album ‘Nine track mind’ with not so good score.
- In 2016, he also became the first musician to sign a deal with Deutsch music.
- He released the lead single off his second studio album, ‘voicenotes’ in 2017, which was his highest-charting single as a solo artist.
- The entire album was released in 2018, with positive reviews and was at number four on the US billboard 200.
Projects in 2019-2020
- In 2019, he co-wrote and produced a remix version of ‘5 seconds of summer’ song from the album easier. In the same year, he released his new single ‘I warned myself’ and ‘Mother.’
- Although he came up with three singles in 2019, he confessed to not liking any of his songs that he came up with in 2019.
- In 2020, he appeared alongside Gabby Barrett to perform her song.
- In 2021, he released a song in collaboration with Elton John titled ‘After all.’
- His most awaited third album’s first single ‘Light switch’ was released in January 2020.
- The second single of the third album came out in April, 2020.
Upcoming musical projects
Currently, his fans are awaiting the release of all the other songs of his third album.
The net worth of Charlie Putt: assets and more
Charlie Putt has a massive net worth of $25 million. This networth comes from his hardworking singing career. He also earns well from his YouTube channel and TV appearances.
Talking about his properties, he bought a home worth $9 million in Beverly Hills near the Trousdale Estate area.
He also bought a home in 215 worth $1.9 million which he sold for $ 1.8 million.
Relationship history of Charlie Putt: Current partner and personal life
He has dated multiple women, including some of the best-known actresses and singers.
- In 2016, he was dating Selena Gomez for an unknown amount of time. He also wrote the song ‘We don’t talk anymore’ about her.
- There were reports of him dating actress Danielle Campbell, but neither of them confirmed as Charlie likes to keep his life private.
- As far as his private life goes, we can assume that he is single.
- He is currently dating Charlotte Lawrence, an American singer and they made their relationship public in April, 2019.
Controversy regarding Bella Thorne
Charlie Putt accused Bella Thorne of cheating on his then-boyfriend ‘Tyler Posey.’ It all started with Bella and Charlie going to the movies and again meeting him to see his performance in jingle bells.
Bella was single at that time, having just broken up with Tyler, but Charlie didn’t know it and accused her of cheating.
His tryst with bullying
He went on record saying that he was bullied in school. There were times when he was beaten up so badly in places, making him uncomfortable. It was probably the reason he loved being at home over socialising.
Social media accounts of Shawn Mendes
Instagram: With a massive following of 15.4 million on Instagram, he is undoubtedly famous on social media.
Twitter: A YouTube star, he joined Twitter in August 2018 and has a following of 3.3 million.
|Charles Otto Puth Junior
|30 years (May 2020)
|177. 8 cm
|December 2, 1991
|Songwriter, singer, and record producer
|Social media accounts
|$25 million (May 2022)
Trivia about Charlie Puthr
- His controversial eyebrow slit has a fascinating backstory. When he was two years old, a dog attacked him, almost killing him and giving him an eyebrow slit.
- Charlie Puth didn’t even go to his prom
- He had an epic nickname when he was young. It was Chunky Spunky Monkey Poofington,
- Most people consider his best song to be ‘See You Again’ in which he featured along with Wiz Khalifa. The song was special for him too as he had a friend who died in an accident too.
- He is the first-ever artist to sign a music deal with Deutsch music in 2016.
- He is a coder and spent the better part of 7th and 8th-grade writing codes for video games.
- He and Shawn Mendes are great friends who work-out together.
- Another YouTube find, Charlie Puth has proved his excellence as a singer and songwriter earning him this massive net worth. His hard work will undoubtedly land him bigger and better projects and more earnings in the future.
Frequently asked questions about Charlie Puth
Who was the mastermind behind the track ‘See You Again?’
One of his most famous tracks is ‘see you again’ and it was Charlie who came up with the idea to collaborate with Wiz Khalifa for Paul Walker’s tribute song.
Who does Charlie Puth look familiar too?
Charlie’s look is quite similar to Josh Hutucherson, the hunger games star.
Does Charlie love Keeping up with the Kardashian?
Yes, watching KUWTK is hig guilty pleasure and his favourite is Kourtney.
What is his hidden talent?
His hidden talent is that he can play hula hoop quite well.