Sabrina Carpenter, ‘Maya’ from the ‘Girls meet the World,’ is an American singer and actress. Did you know that her single ‘Skin’ was on Billboard’s hot 100 entry list? It shows the talent the 22-year-old young actress has. Known as a teen pop singer, she is known for her acting skills as well. Let’s learn more about the young singer and her career, networth, and more.
Early life: Background and tryst with music
Early life and family
Sabrina Annlynn Carpenter, the American singer & actress was born on May 11, 1999. Her birthplace is Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.
Her family includes her parents, Elizabeth and David Carpenter, and her three sisters who are all older than her. Her aunt is the famous actress, Nancy Cartwright.
Unlike many celebrities, Sabrina was home-schooled.
Early tryst with music
When she was only ten years old, she started uploading singing videos on her YouTube channel. Thus, starting her affair with music and to fuel her passion, her father started ‘Purple Recording Studio.’ Her early tryst with music also includes being part of the singing reality show ‘The Next Miley Cyrus Show’, a contest run by Miley Cyrus herself, in which Carpenter came third.
Sabrina Carpenter: acting career, singing career, and more
Early career as an actress
Even though from a young age, Sabrina was passionate about singing, her career as an actress took off first. Her first acting role was in ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.’ In the show, she played a young rape victim, and her acting chops opened many opportunities for her.
During the same time, she had a little singing gig. It wasn’t a single or an album, she did perform a live song ‘Elta James’ on the Chinese television station Hunan Broadcasting System. The live performance was for the ‘Gold Mango Audience Festival.’
This was the only singing gig during her early career, and she went on to do some other acting roles. She also landed a recurring role on ‘The Goodwin Games’ playing Young Chloe. Her other notable film/movie credits include:
- Gulliver Quinn (Recurring role)
- The unprofessional
Start of Acting career and landing the breakthrough role of ‘Maya’
In 2013, she recorded a single ‘Smile’ for an album, ‘Disney Fairies: Faith, Trust, and Pixie dust.’ It was a blockbuster on Radio Disney. In the same year, she signed with Hollywood Records for a five-song/album record deal as an artist of music. It marked her first contract with a professional music-record studio.
Breakthrough role of ‘Maya’
In the year 2014, she also landed the role of Maya in Disney’s ‘Girl meets the World.’ It was a spin-off ‘Boys meet World’ and was quite a successful show with Carpenter’s character Maya getting critical acclaim and fan love. In the series, her character, Maya, is best friends with the lead. She often tries to teach her best friend the ins and outs of the world with hilarious circumstances.
- Her singing career is quite impressive. After signing a contract with a music record studio, she released her first single on 16th March, 2018, with Jonas Blue. The single named ‘Alien’ received a lot of love, and the two performed it even on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live.’ In the same year, she came up with the new single ‘Almost Love’ on 6th June. The new single was again a big hit, and she performed the same on the talk show ‘The Late Late Show with James Corden.’
- Her debut single is ‘Can’t blame a girl for trying’ premiering on Radio Disney and iTunes.
- Her single “We’ll Be the Stars,” was released on January 13th, 2015.
- On November 9th, 2018, she released the first part of her third album ‘Act I.’
- She went on The Singular Tour in 2018, which began in Orlando, Florida, in March. In the same month, she released the lead single from her album ‘Act II’ named ‘Pushing 20.’
- On 14th February 2020, she launched her new single ‘Honeymoon Fades’ in honour of Valentine’s day.
- In the same year, she released another single, ‘Let Me Move You.’ The song was part of her Netflix film ‘Work It.’
Other than these, she has also lent her voice to many single and Disney song covers.
Along with releasing soulful songs, she continued to work in movies and TV shows. Her notable work includes:
- The Hate U Give
- The Short History of the Long Road
- Eyes Wide Open
- Further adventures in Babysitting
- Tall girl
- Work It (executive producer and lead)
Her fans are awaiting the release of her fifth studio album in 2022. Details about her upcoming projects are not public yet, but she will announce the same when things materialise.
Awards and accolades
- As a 22-year-old, she made it to Nylon Magazine’s ’25 GenZers Changing the World’ list.
- In 2020, she was also one of the names on Forbes’s ’30 Under 30’ list.
- She won a ‘Radio Disney Music Award’ for her single ‘Can’t Blame a Girl for Trying’ (Best Crush song category).
- Her single ‘Skin’ found its way to ‘Billboard’s hot 100 entry’ list, a prestigious place to hold.
Sabrina Carpenter: Net Worth
The young singer earns mainly from her singing career. Apart from releasing singles and doing covers on YouTube, she does many tours, which adds to her earnings. Her other source of income comes from acting in several movies and TV shows. Thus, all this has helped her gain a net worth of $5 million.
Dating history of Sabrina Carpenter
As of March 2022, Sabrina is single and focusing on her career. In the past, there were rumours about her dating Joshua Bassett, Bradley Steven Perry, and more. However, neither Sabrina nor the rumoured partner confirmed the relationship.
Social Media accounts of Sabrina Carpenter
The teen pop star is on social media and posts often to give a glimpse into her personal and professional life to her fans.
Instagram: With a massive following of 22 million, the teen sensation is well on its way of becoming a major social media influencer. She provides updates about her latest songs on this platform, along with pictures from shoots.
Twitter: On Twitter, she has a following of 1.3 million.
|Full Name||Sabrina Annalyn Carpenter|
|Аge||22 years (March 2022)|
|Birth Place||Cleveland, Ohio|
|Birth Date||May 11, 1999|
|Profession||Actress, Singer, and song-writer|
|Partner||Single (as of March 2022)|
|Social media accounts||Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/sabrinaannlynn?lang=en|
|Net worth||$5 million (March 2022)|
Trivia about Sabrina Carpenter
- She is a talented singer who also writes her songs. Her first album went live when she was 13 and was written by her.
- She is a massive fan of Hamilton and she knows all the song’s lyrics.
- According to her, her dream prom dress is the one Taylor Swift wears in her music video ‘Love Story.’
Sabrina Carpenter has achieved a lot at the age of 22 and with her dedication, she is on her way to ruling the music charts and becoming one of the greatest young actresses. Keep an eye out for her as she is coming soon with her new album, which will increase her net worth.
Frequently asked questions about Sabrina Carpenter
Is Sabrina’s hair natural or dyed?
Sabrina’s golden locks are the result of dying. Her actual hair color is blonde.
Did Sabrina sing a song in the ‘Work It’ movie?
Yes, Sabrina did sing a song in the dance movie. The song’s name is ‘Let Me Move You’ starring Lisa Kosby, Jordan Fisher, Keiynan Lonsdale and Sabrina herself.
How old was Sabrina when she landed the role of Maya in ‘Girls meets the World’?
She was 14-years old when she played the character of Maya.