What? Tom Holland, our friendly spider-man net worth, is this?
Tom Holland, the British actor who is only 25 years of age, is a massive star. Having played the iconic role of Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, he has garnered not only critical acclaim but also accumulated massive net worth. He has been acting for years, but being Spider-Man gave him the popularity, millions of dollars, and incredible opportunities to star in tons of new films. Let’s learn more about his accumulated net worth, career, childhood, and more.
Early life and background: Childhood and more
You may know him as your friendly neighborhood spider-man, but Tom Holland didn’t always want to be an actor. He often considered another career during his childhood, like becoming a dancer or being a primary school teacher. However, as fate planned it, he decided to be an actor and become one of the most loved stars of the 21st century. So let’s learn about his background a bit.
On June 1st, 1996, the British actor was born in South of London in Kingston Upon Thames. His father is Dominic Holland, a comedian, and author, and his mother, Nadia, is a photographer. He has three younger brothers, and he lives near them in London itself. He often sources his parents as his inspiration to be an actor as they were in creative professions.
He started his high-school education at Donhead, a catholic school in Wimbledon, London. He and his brothers joined a private school as he was diagnosed with dyslexia at the age of seven. He also attended Wimbledon college till 2012. He also did a course at BRIT School in “Performing Arts and Technology” in Croydon.
Career: Early career, upcoming movies, and his biggest role to date as ‘Spider-Man’
As he was a fan of dancing, he joined a hip-hop class at the age of nine. Then, during the Richmond Dance Festival of 2006, choreographer Lynned Page spotted him and asked him to audition for the musical ‘Billy Elliot the Musical.’
Seeing his potential, the director hired him, and he trained in ballet, acrobatics, and tap-dancing for two years.
- In June 2008, he joined the musical as the protagonist’s best friend.
- In 2008, he was promoted to the lead in the musical.
- In 2012, he appeared as a teenager trapped in the 2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake and tsunami in the film ‘The Impossible’ along with Noami Watts.
- For the same, he got critical acclaim and tons of prestigious awards.
- He continued doing impressive roles in films and shows and worked in multiple movies.
- However, after signing on to play the role of ‘Peter Parker’ and his alter-ego in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, his professional life experienced impressive achievements.
Tom Holland’s life after being cast as Spider-Man in Marvel Cinematic Universe
In 2017, Tom auditioned for the role of “Spider-Man” and debuted as the superhero in “Captain America: Civil War.” His role was only 30-minutes long, but it was much loved and appreciated by the fans. It changed everything for him as he went on to play Spider-man in the trilogy and “Avengers: Infinity Wars” and “Avengers: Endgame.” The last film in the Spider-man trilogy, “Spider-man: No Way Home,” was the highest-grossing film in 2021 while also becoming the sixth-highest grossing movie ever. It is sufficient to say that being this masked superhero changed his career for the better. Whether he will reprise this role ever again is unknown.
In-between Spider-man movies
In between playing Spider-Man in multiple Marvel movies, he also starred in other shows and movies of different genres. He also tried his hands on mature and meaty roles, which did garner him tons of appreciation and awards. These films include:
Spies in Disguise (2019), Dolittle (2020), Onward (2020). They are all animated movies.
He also received praise for movies, including ‘Cherry’, ‘The Devil May Care’, and more.
After being Spider-man for 6 years, he moved on to play some mature roles, like in ‘Uncharted’ and ‘The Devil May Care’, he is set to star in the upcoming Apple TV + show ‘The Crowded Room.’ He also announced his association with a biopic on “Fred Astaire”, an actor & dancer, which is still in development.
Tom Holland Net Worth: Is he the richest Spider-man of all?
When Marvel decided to cast Tom as the next Spider-Man in the MCU, his life underwent positive changes. He was a known actor before taking the mantle of Spider-Man. Yet, after appearing in 2017 as Spider-Man in ‘Captain America: Civil War,’ he became famous globally, contributing massively to his net worth, which currently stands at $18 million (as of February 2022).
Here are some notes regarding his massive net worth:
- For “Captain America: Civil War,” his base salary was $250,000.
- He was paid half a million for his first film in the Spider-Man franchise. But that was just the tip of the iceberg. For the same, his bonuses added up to $1.5 million.
- His salary for the other two spider-man films is not public. But it is safe to assume that it is over a million as the films themselves grossed over billions.
- However, we know that his base salary for “Avengers: Endgame” was $3 million. His current salary for movie appearances is around $4-$5 million.
- His massive earnings from Marvel movies and other movies make him the second richest Spider-man, with a net worth of $18 million.
- The richest of all three (Tom Holland, Andrew Garfield, and Tobey Maguire) is Tobey. He has a net worth of a whopping $75 million.
He doesn’t own many luxurious homes like other celebrities. Yet, the young heartthrob has a swanky two-bedroom apartment in London, which is a few minutes away from his childhood home. During his non-filming days, he enjoys staying in London only. He also owns an Audi or two and was also part of an Audi commercial in 2016.
Tom Holland’s charity work: Founding ‘The Brother’s Trust’
In 2017, Tom along with his two younger brothers and parents launched a charity, ‘The Brother’s Trust.’ The charity organises tons of events yearly and donates the money raised to multiple charities. The first event that this trust ever organised was the screening of “Spiderman: Homecoming” for 120 lucky winners. The entire money was donated to a charity.
Tom Holland’s dating history: Current partner
We can only speculate about Tom’s dating life as he has never confirmed being in a relationship with anyone. Currently, he has been dating Zendaya, his co-star and love interest in MCU Spider-Man movies, MJ. The relationship was confirmed after an image of them kissing started floating on the internet.
Other than Zendaya, there are rumours that Tom dated fellow actresses Ella Purnell and Nadia Parkes in the past. However, as he is guarded about his private life, there has never been confirmation from his side.
Tom Holland’s social media presence
Tom Holland is not a fan of social media. He says he wants to delete and quit social media but is afraid that Sony and Marvel may not like him quitting social media. For the time being, he is on Instagram and Twitter with a massive following.
- Instagram: He has 65 million followers on Instagram. He is not much active on IG but posts about his professional commitments from time to time. He doesn’t like posting much about his friends, family, or romantic partners.
- Twitter: He has 7.2 million followers on Twitter. Again, a space where he posts about his professional commitments.
|Thomas Stanley Holland
|25 years (March 2020)
|Kingston West Thames, London
|June 1, 1996
|Zendaya (as of November 2021)
|Social media accounts
|$18 million (March 2022)
Trivia about Tom Holland
- After not performing well in auditions for multiple projects, his career came to a standstill. It caused his mother to send Tom to a carpentry school in Wales.
- He has a crush on Elizabeth Olsen
- Tom has a spider-man tattoo inked on the bottom of his foot.
- His favourite movie is Primal Fear.
- In 2018, he dressed as Spider-man to surprise some kids in a LA hospital while also donating toys worth $1 million.
At the age of 25, his net worth stands at $18 million, a huge accomplishment. As he continues to do impressive work, we are sure this number will increase soon. Keep watching this space to get more updates about Tom Holland and other actors.
Frequently asked questions
Who is Tom Holland’s favourite actor?
In an interview, Tom admitted that Leonardo Di Caprio and Matt Damon were his favourites.
Is he coming back as Spiderman in ‘Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness?’
Well, as everyone knows MCU doesn’t reveal anything. And we just have got a teaser, so the fans can speculate only. Also, aren’t those secrets keep everyone at the edge with those suspense for to watch the movie. So, let’s wait.