Zendaya, an American actress, singer, dancer, is a global icon. She is only 25 years of age but has conquered the world with her talents. The young star is part of a highest-rated series, ‘Euphoria,’ she has worked in Marvel Cinematic Universe, has produced some of her content, written a book, and won an Emmy. All that before she turns 30 shows how truly hard-working and skilled she is!
The Emmy-winning actress is a fan-favorite ‘MJ,’ and her net worth of $15 million is totally deserving. Let’s learn more about her career, net worth & dating life.
Early life: Education and birth
Early life and family
Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman, the ‘Spider-Man’ star was born on 1st September 1996 in the town of Oakland, California. Her parents are Claire Stoermer and Kazembe Ajamu Coleman, both teachers.
Siblings and ancestry
Zendaya has five siblings who are all older than her. As her father is of African-American descent and her mother, German-Scottish, she is of mixed ethnicity.
Education and love for theatre and dance
She attended Fruitvale Elementary School. When she was six, she was a part of a play ‘Black History Month’ and grew as an artist after joining California Shakespeare Theatre, California.
She attended Oakland School for the arts and graduated from Oak Park High School in 2015, after relocating to LA when she was seven. During this period, she worked as a theatre artist and also later as an actress in 2009. When she was 8-years-old, she joined a hip-hop group and was part of the same for two years. She also learned hula-hoop later.
During her school time, she was part of various theatre productions. These include:
- Richard III
- As you like it
- Twelfth night
Zendaya: Career, breakthrough roles, and upcoming movies
Her career began in 2009 as a model. She also performed as a background dancer in multiple videos and ads, including a Sears commercial starring Selena Gomez. The same year, she landed the role of Rocky Blue in Disney’s hit series ‘Shake it Up.’ From 2010 to 2012, she worked in multiple shows, including the second season of ‘Shake it Up,’ and also launched independent songs.
In 2012, her first film came out, a Disney original, ‘Frenemies.’ She also participated in ‘Dancing with the stars’ at the age of 16 and finished as runner-up with her choreographer Valentin Chemerkovishky. From 2012 to 2016, she worked on many projects, even signing off as a guest judge for a show. However, in 2016, her breakthrough role as ‘Rue’ came. It made her a teen-star overnight and helped her gain more mature projects.
Breakthrough role: Euphoria
She landed the role of ‘MJ’ in ‘Spider-man: Homecoming’ in 2017 and was noticed for her acting skills sans makeup. However, her role in 2019 Euphoria as Rue- a 17-year-old teenager addicted to drugs, was a career breakthrough. She earned a Primetime Emmy Award for her role (youngest actor to get one) and was appreciated by critics and fans alike. The show is a huge success and tells a realistic story with impeccable direction.
After starring in Euphoria, she started getting more mature roles, like ‘Chani’ in Dune. She also received massive praise for her acting skills in the Netflix’s film ‘Malcolm & Marie.’
Upcoming movies and show
As of 2022, she is still part of the upcoming seasons of ‘Euphoria’. She is also set to star as the main protagonist in ‘Dune 2.’ Other than these two, there are several projects in talks, but nothing is confirmed as of now.
Zendaya: Networth and assets
The 25-year-old actress who started her journey in 2009 with Disney’s ‘Shake it up’ has a massive net-worth, as we already know. How she accumulated such wealth in a short period is something we will decode below. Let’s begin…
- For her role in ‘Shake it Up’, she used to earn a salary of thousands. But with her breakthrough role as Rue in ‘Euphoria’, she earned half a million per episode (As per reports, no confirmation). After starring in this Emmy-winning show, her net-worth continued to grow, so it’s safe to assume this show was her lucky charm.
- Her small part in the ‘Dune’ film, where she played the role of the fighter Chani earned her a salary of approximately $300,000. She is returning for the second part of the film, and this time around, you can expect her pay-check to be quite heavy.
- For her role of ‘Michelle Johnson’ in the ‘Spider-Man’ franchise, she received a decent salary. As per reports, her salary for the last movie, ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ was around $2 million.
Networth: Her net worth as of February 2022 stands at $15 million. It is a massive number that will increase with so many incredible movies and shows she will be part of soon. Her whopping net worth is the result of her films, movies, and collaboration with brands for ads and endorsement deals. She has worked with brands like Bulgari, Valentino, CoverGirl, and more.
In terms of assets, she has a $4 million worth house in LA. It has six bedrooms and is fit for a princess, which Zendaya is.
Even though Zendaya is super-rich, she has anxiety about her finances. She says that she is a saver, like her mother, but also agrees with her father that you cannot spend all that money when you are dead! So, she is kind of an in-betweener and is trying to stress less about money.
The dating history of Zendaya
As of July 2021, Zendaya is dating Tom Holland, her co-star and lead in the Spider-Man franchise. However, this adorable duo wasn’t always together. Even though fans shipped them since they started working together in 2016, they only started dating each other sometime in late 2020 or early 2021.
- She keeps her personal life private. However, there were rumours about her and Jacob Elordi. There is no confirmation that Zendaya was dating her ‘Euphoria’ co-star. However, there were a few pictures of them kissing, leading to their dating rumours. If we believe them, they dated for a while in 2019 before breaking up and remaining friends.
- In a vogue interview in 2017, Zendaya confessed to having a secret boyfriend for years. It is also the reason she let people believe that she and singer Trevor Jackson were dating each other.
- Well, fingers crossed that Zendaya and Tom Holland stay together and grow old as their fans keep hoping.
Social media accounts of Zendaya
Zendaya is a popular star. The ‘Euphoria’ actress has been part of movies and films with global fans. Thus, she enjoys a massive following on her social media accounts.
Instagram: Zendaya has a whopping 136 million followers on Instagram. She keeps her fan engaged with her red-carpet looks, photoshoots, and behind-the-scenes images from various projects.
Twitter: Along with Instagram, Zendaya also has massive 20.6 million followers on Twitter.
|Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman,
|25 years (March 2022)
|September 1, 1996
|Actress, dancer, and singer
|Tom Holland (as of November 2021)
|Social media accounts
|$15 million (March 2022)
Trivia about Zendaya
- Zendaya’s love for ice cream is not hidden! She especially loves the coffee flavour from Haagen-Dazs. Also, she can bite into the ice cream with her incisors (front teeth), which most people cannot due to sensitivity.
- Zendaya loves to watch ‘Harry Potter.’ It’s her favorite movie, and she watches it once a day as part of self-pampering. She cannot sit and meditate as it’s challenging for her.
- Her list of favorite actors includes many, but Channing Tatum is forever on that list as she admires him for his multiple talents- acting, dancing, and more.
- Zendaya was born with one less tooth in the bottom space. It means she has enough space for wisdom teeth to grow and doesn’t need surgery to get them out.
- For her first date, she went to see the ‘Spider-Man’ movie in theatres, and in 2017 she became part of the franchise.
- She repeated Kindergarten as she was too shy to socialize.
A child star, who is growing into a mature adult actor, Zendaya is ruling the industry. The actress of color has made a mark for herself and continues to do quality work. Keep an eye on this page to see how she keeps excelling in her work and increasing her net-worth.
Frequently asked questions about Zendaya
Why do we never see Zendaya’s last name on-screen?
It is because Zendaya professionally dropped her last name. She said that it was cool, like Cher or Prince, who are two of her idols.
What does ‘Zendaya’ mean?
In Shona, an African language, Zendaya means ‘to give thanks.’
Has Zendaya worked with Selena Gomez?
She shared space with Selena as a backup dancer in a Sears commercial.